Comfort Measures Class
Comfort Measures is a great resource for couples needing extra practice or to learn how to manage labor and birth more comfortably. It's a class for first time parents, those needing a ‘refresher’ in labor coping skills, or couples wanting to expand their knowledge of comfort measures for labor and birth.
Courtney Maloney and Hannah Covington, Serenity Birth Services doulas, are the instructors for this class.
Please bring 2-3 pillows, a blanket or yoga mat, a flat bed sheet (any size), a birth ball (only if you have one), pen/paper for note taking, snacks and anything else you need to be comfortable.
This one session three-hour class is dedicated to learning and practicing:
- Breathing techniques
- Positions for effective laboring and birthing
- Use of birth ball, birthing tub, rebozo and other tools
- Massage, counter-pressure, and acupressure
- Hands-on comfort measures
- Managing back pain
- Visualization, vocalizing, and movement
Class location: Birth Center of Baton Rouge, 7941 Picardy Avenue, Baton Rouge, LA.
Class Fee: $50 mom and one support person
Refund Policy The class fee, less a $30 administrative fee, will be issued until 7 days before the beginning date of any class. Refund requests must be in writing via email.
"Excellent job! We learned a lot that we did not know or realize we knew. We knew that we longed for more coached 'practice', and this class is a wonderful resource to give the time necessary for mom and partner to refine those skills."
2017 Comfort Measures Classes
CLASSES ARE TAUGHT ON THE FOLLOWING EVENINGS, 6-9 P.M.
- Monday, May 15THIS CLASS HAS FILLED.
- Monday, May 22THIS CLASS HAS FILLED.
- Monday, June 19THIS CLASS HAS FILLED.
- Monday, June 26THIS CLASS HAS FILLED.
- Monday, July 17THIS CLASS HAS FILLED.
- Monday, August 14
- Monday, September 18
- Monday, October 16
- Monday, November 20
- Monday, December 11