Comfort Measures is a great resource for couples needing extra practice or learning how to manage labor and birth more comfortably. First time parents, those needing a ‘refresher’ in labor coping skills, or couples wanting to expand their knowledge of comfort measures for labor and birth are welcome.
Please bring 2-3 pillows, a blanket or yoga mat, a flat bed sheet (any size), a birth ball (only if you have one), pen/paper for note taking, snacks and anything else you need to be comfortable.
Courtney Maloney and Hannah Covington, Serenity Birth Services doulas (serenitybirthbr.com), are the instructors for this class.
This one session three-hour class is dedicated to learning and practicing:
- Breathing techniques
- Positions for effective laboring
- Use of birth ball, birthing tub, rebozo and other tools
- Massage, counter-pressure, and acupressure
- Hands-on comfort measures
- Managing back pain
- Visualization, vocalizing, and movement